Hardwood Installation In Covina, CA
Knowing what to expect before, during, and after your hardwood installation can help to make for a more seamless process on installation day.
Before Your Installation:
Here is what you can expect before your hardwood installation:
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process before the big day. They will answer any questions that you have about what will transpire, timetables, and so on.
- Before installation day, you should remove furniture from the rooms where the installation is to take place. You should also consider doing any painting work that might need to be done pre-installation.
- You should also have a plan for your subflooring and any installation-related waste that might need to be disposed of during the days ahead. Waste will accumulate.
- Make sure that no children or pets will be present on installation day for their safety and that of your crew.
- A member of your household should plan to be present on installation day.
During & After Your Installation:
- On installation day, your crew will walk you through the entire process before getting started. This is a good time to ask questions!
- There are two basic methods of installation; they are glue-down and nail-down.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, the general process involves spreading adhesives on your subflooring and laying the hardwood planks individually.
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- Once finished, you can complete a walk-through to assess the work with your crew.
In the coming days, you may want to run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Enjoy your beautiful new floors, and contact our team if any guidance is needed.